CapitolBrand M3504-E Borosilicate Glass Economy Grade Plain Microscope Slides, 3″ Length x 1″ Width x 1mm Thick (Box of 72)
- Compound microscope provides high magnification for biological use and educational applications
- Monocular viewing head with locked-in 18mm 10x widefield eyepiece with pointer and fixed 45-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain
- Forward-facing nosepiece and 4x, 10x, and 40xR (retractable) DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images
- Brightfield, LED illumination and 0.65 NA condenser with iris diaphragm and dimmer for clear examination and light control
- Plain stage with clips secures slide in place, and separate coarse and fine focus knobs speed focusing
The Ample Scientific Nexcope CM202 Basic Monocular Compound Microscope has a locked-in 10x widefield eyepiece, a forward-facing nosepiece with three DIN achromatic objectives, LED illumination, separate coarse and fine focus, a 0.65 NA condenser with iris diaphragm, and a plain stage with stage clips. The monocular viewing head has a fixed inclination to reduce eye and neck strain. An eyepiece pointer is used to identify features for students. The forward-facing nosepiece has three DIN achromatic objectives that provide color correction of magnified images. A forward-facing nosepiece eases changing objectives. The 40xR objective is retractable and spring-loaded to prevent damage to the slide or objective when focusing. A compound microscope is used for inspection and dissection of specimens when two-dimensional images are desired.
The microscope has lower (diascopic) brightfield illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. Brightfield (BF) illumination allows the specimen to absorb light, resulting in a dark image on a light background. The LED light source provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens, and operates on AC power, or on a rechargeable battery for cordless operation. The condenser has an iris diaphragm to optimize the amount of light illuminating the specimen. The plain stage has an opening for light transmission, and stage clips to secure the slide or specimen in place while viewing. Separate coarse and fine focus knobs speed focusing. A built-in slip clutch system prevents damage to the focus mechanism or objectives. The frame is made of die-cast aluminum.
|Microscope Head and Optics Specifications|
|Head inclination||45 degrees|
|Eyepiece (18mm)||WF10x with pointer|
|Objectives, DIN achromatic||4x, 10x, 40xR (retractable)|
|Microscope Illumination and Stage Specifications|
|Focus type||Separate coarse and fine|
|Power||120V or (4) rechargeable NiMH batteries|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
Ample Scientific manufactures microscopes, centrifuges, and other lab equipment. The company, founded in 1985, is headquartered in Norcross, GA.
What's in the Box?
- Ample Scientific Nexcope CM202 Basic Monocular Compound Microscope
- WF10x eyepiece, 18mm
- 4x DIN achromatic objective
- 10x DIN achromatic objective
- 40xR (retractable) DIN achromatic objective
- Battery charger/power adapter
- (4) rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Dust cover
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.2 x 1 inches; 0.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- ASIN: B003UEQM7S
- Item model number: M3504-E
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews